Tuesday 23 September 2014

Thumbnail Page 4 - Armilla

Concept art is a tricky thing, there isn't always a definite result straight away, thats why thumbnails are simple and effective as they help determine what your strengths and weaknesses are.

Looking at the fourth and final city called Armilla, I can instantly image what it must have been like to walk through such a desolate place. The discretion might lack in a inspirational sort of way as there isn't much to draw from it. But there are ways in which this can be used to make plenty of thumb nails. I did struggle a little - tablet malfunctions mainly but I managed to create a thumbnail set in response to the description provided.

The cities Baucis and Esmerelda images will be coming in post tomorrow as I wasn't able to save them properly to be able to access them on multiply computers.

So here is Armilla:

Armilla - Invisible Cities
I numbered these correctly and I will be re-numbering my other ones.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,

    I like 50 - but maybe avoid colour in the first instance and go for a bigger range of mark-making - not so smooooooth.... There's much more energy in the scratchier thumbnails...

    see link!
    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/fao-caa-year-1-space-environment-audio.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, the only reason why it looks like that is because the tablet's touch sensitive was playing up and ever stoke I made was solid and I couldn't make the marks I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete